Friday, August 19, 2005

Went up to Mt Buller today!!!















My colleague, Lynn, and I went up to Mt Buller today. I had to be there to attend a press conference cos they were announcing the new CEO for their board. Our company car is a 4-wheel drive but manual and I can't drive manual or rather, I can but I'll stall the car. So she offered to drive me up - so sweet of her! Turns out the CEO was the guy who is the acting CEO. A very nice guy whom I spoke to once on the telephone.

Anyway, heading up the 2nd time to Buller, I was abit apprehensive. Cos the 1st time was with Phill about 4 years ago and I felt sick whilst the bus was heading up the mountain. And when I was there, I felt like throwing up and turned really pale and couldn't walk very far cos I felt sick nearly the whole time. Anyway, as Lynn was driving up the mountain, she asked me if I get car sick and I remembered my previous experience and said I was just thinking about that.

But this time, I felt fine, felt great and not nauseous at all. Which was a great relief cos I want to be able to ski one day. And being up in the snow put me in a really good mood, even though it was very, very hazy and visibility was so poor, I couldn't see very much. Coming from such a hot country like Singapore, being around snow is a dream come true! A dream I had since I was young was to be able to touch snow.

And I met some of the people I call regularly for snow sports news. One of them was Sharon from the Buller Ski Lifts company and she asked if I ski and I said I thot I'll try tobogganning first. (Tobogan: A long, narrow, runnerless sled constructed of thin boards curled upward at the front end.) She laughed and said I should really try skiing. She's really nice. And her dad is the unofficial photographer for our paper - another nice person too. And then Sharon said to let her know whenever I was going up to Buller and she'll arrange things for me. Whoopeee! I mite just learn to ski faster than I thot I will.

No comments: