Tuesday, August 02, 2005

This is where I work...


The above pic is the building where I work, actually more like the left half of the building. The other half is made up of a printing shop and a pump shop.





And my office is just next to the police station which means I feel rather safe cos potential criminals won't be so inclined to make trouble just next to the police station!!! And the post office is next door to the police station and that's where I go nearly everyday to pick up my mail and that wonderful telephone connector thing to my digital voice recorder ~~~ YEAH!!!

I'm going off to a full-dress rehearsal at Mansfield Primary School in 1.5 hours' time as some kids from the school will be heading to Melbourne this weekend for a musical performance. I gotta cover it for the paper so I gotta go but it should be fun. Its from 12pm-3pm though and I doubt I'll be staying for that whole period. Maybe just one entire run of the performance which is about 4-5 mins long.

I have to go to the company's HQ at Wangaratta tomorrow afternoon for a training session. Both my colleague, Steve, and I have to be there at 2pm so we gotta start off at 12.30pm. Yes, it takes 1.5 hours to drive there and another 1.5 hours back. By the time I drive back, it'll be really dark and I HATE to drive in the dark cos I'm not a great driver at the moment. There are no streetlights cos its too expensive to light up the entire countryside, only reflectors on the road.

But something to look forward to this afternoon is that 2 bosses from HQ are coming over to bring our papers for us (we're supposed to pick up the papers once a month - other times, the Wangaratta staff helps us with the delivery) cos our newspapers are printed there and they're having a pizza and beer night here!! No beer or wine for me but pizza!!! I think I'll buy my own Coke!!!

Watched a UK show on Sun nite - "You Are What You Eat". Very scary....a nutritionist shows a person each episode how much they consume each week and its usually unhealthy, no-vegetables kinda diet. After watching that show on Sun, hubby asked me if I wanted some chocolates. I was so freaked out, I said, "No thanks, I think I'll have an orange instead."....then again, it'll wear off soon and I'll be back to my chips, chocs and soft drinks sometimes diet......=P

No comments: