Monday, August 01, 2005

Happiness and Relief!

Can one be so happy over something so minor.

The result of quite a few nightmares whilst I was still in Singapore, I sure am glad I've got it settled.

I was unsettled when I had not bought my digital voice recorder, an essential item in my job as a journalist but when I realised I needed a set of wires to connect my recorder to the telephone, I panicked.

Calling up several stores around the area where I am in Australia did not bear fruit until I was told by a shop owner in Shepparton that my last resort will be an online store in Adelaide!!! So I did the dutiful, enquired online, was told if it does not work, I'll get a refund, placed my order and waited for the beautiful little package to arrive.

It did, this morning. I was really nervous getting it all connected. At the back of my mind was the thought it may not work. But it did!

Who would have thot a small device like that will cost so much A$97!!!



But the main thing is it works and I can now conduct my phone interviews in peace, knowing that I don't have to scribble like a madwoman..... =O) And most importantly, I have evidence if someone says I misrepresented him/her in my article.

No comments: