Friday, August 12, 2005

The Play

Hubby and I went and watched a play tonite. He was abit reluctant initially and I said I am okay to go to it alone. But sweet guy that he is said, "You can't go to everything (that has to do with work) on your own. I'll go with you." So, at least, we got to spend some time together. *Big sMile*

Its titled "Its My Party (and I'll Die if I want to)" performed by a Benalla theatre group. Its about the father in a family who decided during his last few hours which happen to be on his birthday, to tell his family he's dying. Unbeknownst to him, his children have a few surprises of their own.

The play was not bad. There were some funny moments altho I thot the acting was uneven and the actors playing the dad and mum were stronger than the rest of the cast. The not as strong actors were not natural enuf cos they would say their lines, pause, then wait for the other person to say their lines. So the pauses were abit off-putting and detached me somewhat from the play. It was only then that I missed watching better quality theatre performances in my line of work back in Singapore at the arts council.

No comments: