Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Its sleeting! *where's the snow?* =O(

The sky looked rather dark earlier, at about 2.30pm. Looking out at the main window of my company, I thot the rain looked peculiar. Told Steve abt it and said it looked like its raining ice (that's the definition for sleet - Precipitation consisting of generally transparent frozen or partially frozen raindrops). He stared at it for abit and said yes, the raindrops looked abit chunky.















Anyway, we ran out together with our other colleague, Carmel, who's only just joined us. And we were standing outside the company, with me crazily snapping photos of the sleet. We were standing around joined by a staff member, Irene, from the printing shop nearby and wondered when it'll snow.

Anyway, Irene said the last time it really snowed in Mansfield was 34 years ago. She woke up one morning and found the clothes on her clothes line, trees and everything just covered in white snow.

34 years ago??!!! Could this be the end of the 34 years?

I doubt so. Looking out the window now, the sun is peeking through those storm clouds. And I have to head off to cover a meeting soon at Merrijig, which is like 15 mins drive away. I've not been to the place before but have been given directions. I hope I don't get lost. If I unknowingly drive past it, I'll just move to the side of the road when its possible and then do a U-turn and head back. That tends to be what I do when I'm at a new place.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....in Mansfield, please.

No comments: