Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Heartbroken....devastated!














I dented my car this afternoon trying to drive into my office carpark which is quite narrow. I looked at my side mirrors and it looked like there was enough space but when I surged forward, there was this crunching noise - I hit a wooden pole on my left. I knew I was in trouble. I reversed, made it into the car park and prayed that nothing was damaged. But it was, though not as bad as I thot it was. But cos of the damage, the whole left rear door would have to be replaced. I was stunned. I couldn't believe it could happen to me. Devastated. I can't quite put into words how I feel. I feel numb. I wished I could turn back time.

Immediately, I called the Mitsubishi dealer in Benalla whom we bought the car from and he said he could recommend a panel beater to me in Benalla cos there are good ones and bad ones. I said I'll go to him either tomorrow or Fri.

Being the anxious person I am, I also asked my colleagues for recommendations for panel beaters who would fix up my car in Mansfield. One of them quoted me $480 to replace the door, paint and repair it. That sounds like alot of money to me.....sob! Another panel beater said he'll have to check on the price of my door skin and will get back to me.

I feel really bad cos its a new car Phill bought me, brand new, straight from the factory. He has never bought himself a new car (actually he has only had 2 cars in his life cos he drove his first one for more than 10 years and it was really old, like more than 20 years old by the time he finished driving it) but he bought me one. I feel so bad, so sad, and cried heaps when I saw him at home. I couldn't stop crying. I feel like I've disappointed him. And it came at a time when he had called me at work earlier to say he got abit of extra money coming in and now, that has to go to the panel beater if it covers it. Its like money coming in and then now, we have to spend it. I hope I feel better soon. It feels like I've got a hole in my heart.

I know its a material possession but I wanted to prove to phill that I was able to take care of a new car he has bought me but......I pray its my first and last accident.

No comments: