Friday, August 19, 2005

Daffodil Day

A bouquet of Daffodils for my mum and aunt who survived cancer! Kudos to you for your courage and for blazing the trail!

It was Daffodil Day today and in support of cancer research, I bot 3 bouquets of daffodils and gave them each to my colleagues, Lynn and Dianne, as well as my mum-in-law.

According to the website, the daffodil was chosen as the symbol of hope for all touched by cancer because of its reputation as a hardy annual flower, pushing its way through the frozen earth after a long winter to herald the return of Spring, new life, vitality and growth.

I never really like Daffodils but they look really bright and pretty, being yellow in colour. I have a renewed appreciation for it and my colleague, Dianne, put her daffodils on her desk and I can look at it everyday now, til it withers.

No comments: