Monday, August 22, 2005

Strawberries

Phill came home today and said he bought some strawberry plants and big pots to grow them in so we can have fresh strawberries to eat. Ahhh.......my husband is getting to be a green thumb and enjoying the prospects of fresh produce right at our doorstep.

I've heard often from people who have gardens about how they'll plant certain things and how it taste so good but can never imagine myself doing so. But now with phill's enthusiasm, my interest mite be sparked. Now, I just have to overcome my fear of the unknown bugs, worms, and things that bite in the soil.

But for strawberries, my dad-in-law put potting mix in the big pots with the strawberry plants so that should be safe and I think I can do that.

I was trying to convince phill the past 2 weeks when we were planting trees and he talked about how we may need more trees, I said "maybe we can get cherry blossom trees". He laughed at me and said they're not native but it'll be nice though. I haven't been to Japan or China to see cherry blossoms so hoping to bring them to me.

No comments: