Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Oh, oh.....

It was a good time hanging out with my colleagues last night. We talked abt many things, from whether a lady should change to her married surname, cancer, the dangers of smoking (only 2 other colleagues and I do not smoke. one quit recently through hynoptism), about our competition - the other paper in our town - and general stuff. And this was over 5 small-medium pizzas (it fed us all), wine, beer and soft drinks (courtesy of me cos I'm allergic to alcohol).

Two bosses came over for the end-of-financial year party, one was the general manager and the other was the sales manager.

When talking abt wives who do or do not adopt their husband's surname, the general manager said he read some stats previously that marriages where the wives do not adopt their husband's surname are twice as likely to end in divorce than those who do. Like he explained, it may sometimes be an indication that the wife is a headstrong woman which may lead to problems later on in the marriage.

We talked from 5pm-8.30pm. It was my first company gathering and it was fun!!!

However, I did not do something which made me regret the whole night. I did not call hubby to say I'll be later home. I had told him I'll be home about 7pm so when I did not arrive home by then, he called me on my mobile several times. When I did reach home at like 8.50pm, he told me he had called me. I apologised and promised to call him in future. I did think about calling him but somehow thought that I'll be heading home soon and as time went on, it got later and later.....arrrggghhh! He was so nice about it, it made me feel bad for making him worry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can understand how hubby felt. Just like times when i cant reach my kids on their phones and thousands of thoughts run through my mind thinking what could have happened to them.

Tora said...

I know...sob! I now know better and will not make him worry again.

p.s. thanks for posting! =O)