Sunday, August 07, 2005

Planting trees is never fun but buying them are!

After church, went to fill up my car with petrol and when I came back to the car, there were a group of young guys in the car next to me and one of them was smiling at me. I smiled back but wondered why he was smiling at me?! Maybe he liked my car. =O)

Then, I went grocery shopping and picked out stuff for the cheesecake and banana smoothie Phill was making. Yum! Yum!

Interestingly enough, as I paid for my groceries, the cashier asked if I was making a cheesecake and I said yes but its my husband who is making it, not I. As I was moving away, she asked the customer behind me if he was making a stew. She got that right too as I took a quick glance at his stuff. Guess that helps keep boredom away by playing "Guess what they're cooking tonight".... =P

When I arrived home, had lunch, Phill and I went to the Agritree nursery just a few mins drive from where we live to buy 40 red box gum trees, 40 peppermint trees and 40 golden wattle trees. He plans to plant them along one part of our fence cos our neighbour has been building a house some distance away on the other side of the fence since last year. The house is still not completed yet though. Anyway, the trees will give us some privacy so they can't look in on our property. Hubby can't stand to have neighbours too close by. He prefers them out of sight.

It was fun buying the trees. They are so small at the moment but we will be planting them from next weekend onwards, maybe over 10 weeks. Maybe it gives me the feeling not so much a farmer's wife but a temporary tree-planter's wife. I don't think I'll be digging the ground with the pick but will help put the guards around each plant. At least, that should be easy and fun enough!

Upon returning home, we were going to make the cheesecake and realised we didn't have any whipped cream (we thot we did but Phill's mum had used it all for a cake she made yesterday). Shucks! And I was so looking forward to that. So that's postponed for the next weekend.

The banana smoothie we made tasted healthy enough but we put too much honey and the smell of the wheatgerm was a tad too strong. We'll try again another time, with only 2 tablespoons of honey and also just 1 tablespoon of wheatgerm (instead of the recommended 2 tablespoons).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just emailed you a cheesecake recipe.
- fr Ah Yi with love xxxx

Tora said...

heehee....thanks, ah yi! yum! ;O)