Sunday, August 21, 2005

Bye Bye...*sniff*















Our church had a farewell lunch today for a family who is moving to Melbourne cos of the father's work. Its abit sad for the church and for me cos I was beginning to know more about the couple. The dad is Egyptian and mum is Scottish and their kids are beautiful! When I asked to take a pic with the family, I held out my hand to hold their daughter, Lara's hand and she took my hand and was willing to take a pic, which her dad said is a miracle cos just the other day, she didn't want to take a pic with an old lady. I am flattered....heehee!

I went once to their house for bible study and their daughter, I think she's 3. Her name is Lara and she has this beautiful set of curls. Anyway, she could talk non-stop. But apparently, she was more hyperactive than usual that night. And she made me laugh so much, talking abt anything and everything!

We had a good lunch and there was a good spread but I only had a small pikelet (small pancake) with butter cos I feel bad for not bringing any food. I was going to but couldn't figure out what.

By the time I did my grocery shopping after church and went home, it was 2.10pm. Very unusually late. Church usually ends at 11.30am but cos of the lunch which was a good time to catch up with other church members.

Went home, had lunch and then Phill and I made rocky road, which is yummy! It is milk chocolate, with peanuts, marshmallows, glaced cherries, and it was yummy!!! I had to practise self-control not to eat the entire cake tin full of it. =P

We're definitely having fun baking new stuff each weekend. I am aiming for black forest cake one day. We'll just have to find an ingredient we think is not v common: kirsch.

No comments: