Friday, August 12, 2005

Struggle...

I struggle sometimes between what I ought to do and what I feel like doing.

Thinking about the uneven balance of work takes out the joy in me sometimes. I remember when I used to look forward to work but when its just me doing the running around, although I enjoy it most times, there are times when I wish the workload was shared.

Sometimes, I feel the tone of authority on me and know that the exertion of who's in charge is being exercised.

However, I appreciate the tips and contacts shared.

Then again, it sometimes gets to me that the person sits there on the chair and delegates the stories I should do while still sitting fixed on the seat not seemingly doing much or putting names to stories that did not seem to be written by the latter.

Its made worse sometimes when it seems that the person only wants to claim the important stories leaving me to write the pile of less important stories by virtue of where it goes in the paper.

I cared about that previously but have learned that the quality of my work should be more important than where it goes in the paper. I should be proud of the work I do. I can tell myself that on good days. On bad days, I just grumble and lament and also stand up to the person and make sure I'm not one to be bullied.

I am learning to be obedient if this is the process of maturity. In life, I'm sure I'll meet this type of person over and over again. What's the mature approach? I'm still learning and making mistakes and progress ...

No comments: