Sunday, October 01, 2006

To Kill A MockingBird



Together with the overnight rental of "Syriana", Phill and I watched "To Kill A Mockingbird" (free weekly rental) and boy, I miss the strengths of a classic movie. I've never watched it before and love every minute of it! It had strong moral values and even showed how to raise kids. And I thought Gregory Peck was the classic gentleman and am glad he won an Oscar for it cos he deserved every bit of it! And now I will like to put the name Atticus in my list of possible male names (if I have a son in the future).

Link to an article about the death of the actor, Brock Peters, who played Tom Robinson (standing next to Gregory Peck) - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4179560.stm (the article lends more weight to the gentleman Gregory Peck is.)

After watching the movie, I remembered a line that Terri Irwin (Steve Irwin's wife) said in a public interview several days ago, a line that Steve Irwin believed in, and the line still lingers in my mind:

The ONE thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do NOTHING - Edmund Burke, 1795

No comments: