Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Electric Wok


I went and bought an electric wok today after a conversation with my colleague and my frustrations with cooking in a wok on an electric stove. Because the stove in our rental house isn't great (it takes ages for the coil to heat up), we couldn't season our wok properly and it gets rusty. Initially, I thought it was just the quality of the wok I bought and changed it twice before I finally gave up today. And I learned from my colleague how great an electric wok is because the entire wok is heated, not just its base. So Phill cooked chicken satay (bottled sauce) for dinner tonight and it was so quick and easy. I love the new wok!

I've always told Phill that I prefer a gas stove, but in the country here, I was told it's only possible if we buy bottled gas, cos we have no piped gas. But gas is apparently not energy efficient (less than 50% efficient) and sometimes, the waiting period for another gas bottle can be fairly long (depending on the delivery guy's schedule). So the wiser option is a good electric stove or the trend now is induction stove. We'll make our decision when the time comes.

No comments: