Thursday, October 26, 2006

Anger...Frustration

I received a call from the guy who hit my car 2 weeks ago after passing him three quotes from 3 different smash repairs centres. The highest quote was $330, followed by $250 and then $150. I had written a note to say my preference was for the smash repair centre that quoted $330 but if he disagreed, we could discuss. Well, guess which one the guy went for? Yes, that's right - $150!

I was so shocked. I tried reasoning with him to at least go for the middle range but he refused and stood his ground that the company who gave the cheapest quote could do as good a job. He said his boss' wife also sent her car there to have it repaired (I'm not her, am I?). And then added that it's only a small scratch and not a major one. He said if it was a major one, he could understand why I would want it done by the other smash repairs. What was frustrating was that the way he talked was as if the car was his, and not mine. First and foremost, he forgot he hit my car!!! It was just sitting there nicely in the car park and he hit my car!

Even my colleagues felt for me and was so mad with him. One of my colleagues said he forgot that I had to run around asking for quotes and will be inconvenienced for at least a day cos my car has to be repaired. But I've argued with him to no avail and there is no point arguing with a person who values money more than his reputation.

I know in my case, I will at least go for the middle quote, even if I can't afford the highest quote.

No comments: