Monday, October 16, 2006

Me, the Sour Grapes

I was notified end of last Thursday that I wasn't successful in my job interview (shucks!). I took it pretty well and I think cos I didn't want this job as much as the previous one I went for. But over the weekend, I thought about it and wondered about the news the manager relayed to me. He said there was one applicant who had more experience than me and the others in the group. Which was fine, cos in his position, I will also pick the person with the most experience.

But...

My question is having work experience is one thing, but it does not say how good or bad you were at your job. Did one just plough along or excel at it? Were you an equal contributor or a leader, or someone who just slowed the team down?

I suppose the manager won't know until the person starts working and he can tell if she/ he was a right choice. I've seen how some staff were chosen at the interview and their resumes were very impressive but then their work didn't prove it.

But...is there a better way?

I'm far from bitter though. I think I've achieved a certain peace at this stage (after job-hunting for more than 6 months) although I kick and struggle sometimes. I'm still trying to understand why God wants me to remain in my current job. Hopefully, I'll find out and share this one day. =O)

No comments: