Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Biking - I Am No Good

My gym class instructor started a bike class last week. But I missed out on it last week because I had an afternoon nap. =P I thought it'll be a quick shut-eye and I succeeded the first time, sleeping from 5.15pm to 5.25pm, but then I decided on another 10 mins nap cos the class starts at 5.45pm. But of course, the next time I woke up was 6.30pm! =O(

Today, I was keen on making the class so no nap for me. When I got the bike, my confidence just drained from me. I could put one foot on the floor but not both feet. The bike was so high and it was a mountain bike with gears. I didn't know how to use it. The class consisted of riding off the beaten track, on dirt road and down a dip and up a small slope. It was so difficult. In Singapore, I ride on concrete tracks so this was beyond me. I long for the day when I can ride so well like many people in town.

And there were times I got so nervous on a narrow track and slammed into a fence. And I had some bruises from it. This was the worst one:


No comments: