Friday, October 06, 2006

Parking Fine!

I got a parking fine in the afternoon today...arrrgghhh! I parked for more than 2 hours in the 2 hour zone. But the town is not known to be strict on fines. But the officer said he had complaints so they had to act.

And the thing is, my car was the first to be booked and the officer (in Victoria, they are called local laws officer) told me to tell my colleague (who parked next to me) to drive her car away as he hasn't written her ticket yet. When I got to my office, I told my colleagues about it and one colleague, S, said the other colleague who got away with the fine should split the cost of my $50 fine. But she didn't offer and I didn't want to ask. Later in the evening, when I spoke to Phill, he said it doesn't work that way and that it's not too bad. I think he was more relieved I didn't prang the car. =P

And another worse thing was another colleague telling me his girlfriend got away without being fined cos she knew the officer...arrgghhh! It's just me, among people I know parking in a 2 hour zone, who got it!!! =O(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do not get uptight about being fined. Take it that it is your contribution towards building better car parks, also you are wiser now right?.

mum