Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What will you do?

I found out from a staff member of the rival paper today, when the 2 of us were covering a story, that a friend of ours who is 5 months pregnant is getting rid of her baby tomorrow. Because she is past the deadline for abortion, she will have to give birth to the baby naturally. The baby has Down Syndrome and her family has a history of abnormalities (her own mum apparently had 6 miscarriages). I was told she is being very brave about it. It is her first child and she is only in her early 20s.

What will I do? I will cry heaps and wonder what to do? My religious beliefs will stop me from getting rid of the child but my fear of the looks I'll get and inability to care for such a child will allow abortion to cross my mind. I wish and pray never to be put in such a position. It's so difficult and heart-wrenching.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Policewoman from SG operating Down Under! Heehee
Nice to know you still got your arty farty senses going! Wish all of us could have caught u in the play, and most esp me, not to laugh at you, even though u know i definitely will, but to see u act in the play!
you've always had this penchant for acting, maybe don't be a journalist lah, be an actress hahaha soap opera!

How abt Day of our Lives??? LOL

anyway, yeah God does allow certain things to happen doesn't He? Well, it's not up to us to question His actions, but to pray that He has everything planned out swee swee for us lor :)

Tora said...

hahaha....you funny guy. make me laugh so much, i want to cry.

Thanks for your sweet note about the play. Hopefully someone can covert the video to DVD and I can show it to you. I'm frankly astounded by the response I've got. I get stopped at supermarket and when I'm on assignment like when I was at the hospital yesterday. So encouraging! I want to be Cate Blanchett!!! =P

why you call me policewoman??

Sometimes it's so difficult to do the right thing.... =O(

Anonymous said...

i know why Gary called u policewoman. that's your part in Big Bill. ah ha! give us test questions huh? i passed right? got reward for me? heh heh!

-ah yi

Tora said...

oh yah hor...i am a policewoman in the play...heehee! Cos that wasn't flashed out that much in the play nor was I walking around carrying a baton, I forgot... =P

Definitely got rewards!!! Treat you to a meal when we go over to Singapore! Phill mentioned a few times that he's looking forward to being back in Singapore...heehee!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha then i be ur agent and earn big bucks watching u act lolz!

errr sorry haven't told u the bad news hor, the comp hard disk crashed leh... everything's gone... sobz sobz... :(

hmmmmmm heng i no need to give ah yi reward ah wahahahaah
if not gotta kenna bao liao wahahahahahaaha :D