Saturday, May 06, 2006

Curtain Call

Finally, the last day of our play. A much anticipated, or not really, end to 5 fabulous performances. We may have fluffed up some of our lines over those performancesbut we covered for each other, laughed about it, were natural and most importantly, love every moment of it. We had fun!

This is a photo we took backstage, during the interval, just before our play was about to begin. I'm standing next to my director, Cathie. Behind me (left to right) is Di, Graham, Steve, Vanessa and Christian.















And the final performance, I think, is my best too. My castmates said I seemed to have nailed everything tonight. So, I'm pleased. There were some fluffed lines from another actor in my play and I didn't know he had a funny expression on his face cos he said a line wrongly until I looked at him, wondering why there was a pause, and I couldn't help but laugh. It was funny and for a moment, I was out of character. =P

I had friends from work, church friends and the town mayor, watch the play last night and they said they'll be careful of making me angry from now on cos my character was supposed to be very fierce in the play and I was. And Phill and his colleague, Steve, and his wife, Tania, came to watch the play tonight and thankfully, they love it. Phill initially wasn't interested in watching it again but he enjoyed it cos he said it was funny to be able to pick out who had fluffed their lines and he said quite abit of that happened tonight.

At the end of our play, after taking our bows and all, we called our director, Cathie Smith to stage and gave her a big bunch of flowers we had bought for her. We just think she's wonderful cos of the freedom she gave us in developing our character. She wasn't dictatorial nor did she force her impression of the character on us. She gave pointers but also encouraged our own development of the character.

We had a cast party after that of snacks, wine and beer and people standing around and talking. It was nice to catch-up rather than just recite our lines. Phill and I finally arrived home at 11.30pm.....zzzz!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, looks like you had great fun, want to change Han Yeh (in mandarin)if the pay is good then you have the best of both worlds,
continue to enjoy whatever you are doing.

mum