Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What a great day to wake up to!

Phill and I woke up to our radio alarm this morning to news that the 2 trapped miners at Beaconsfield, Tasmania, has finally walked out. It was exhilarating news!!! I thought it'll take another day cos last week, they have been saying it'll be this day and then it'll be delayed day after day until I got exasperated and don't believe it anymore when they set a date.

The past week though have been a week of bad news.

A veteran journalist died on Sunday covering the miners' rescue at Beasconsfield. He was only in his 60s and had a heart bypass and was undergoing treatment for prostate cancer. He was seen puffing up a hill to a press conference at the mine site when shortly after he asked his first question, he was seen walking away from the media pack and then collapsing.

A young five year old girl, Sophie, who lost some fingers, both her feet and was badly burnt in 80% of her body in December 2003, cos a wayward driver drove into her childcare centre, was involved in another accident. This time, an 80 year old car driver did not stop at a pedestrain crossing and crashed into her. I couldn't believe it when I read the news and I had tears brimming. She showed such courage when she had her first accident and never stopped smiling. I thought she was amazing at such a young age to show such optimism. Now, she's currently sedated and doctors are monitoring her. Injuries she is suffering from this 2nd accident are broken jaw and shoulder bone, bruised head, rib fractures and bleeding around her left lung.

I know people ask why God allows these things to happen to people like Sophie. I wonder why too. But I know He loves us all and doesn't like when this happens but I'm not sure what his good and eventual purpose will be but I know it will be revealed in good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This accident was in our local papers too, she needs lots of our prayers. Giant courage shown in this little girl.

mum