Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mother's Day

Phill and I took my in laws to Mooroopna Golf Club (1.5 hours drive away, one-way) for lunch today, instead of tomorrow, to avoid the crowd.

My mum-in-law and I had beef and black bean sauce, my dad-in-law had chicken schnitzel and Phill had honey chicken (his favourite!). It was a good and delicious lunch and after it, my in laws went and played the jackpot but when they play, which is infrequently, they limit themselves to only $5. They returned after only a short while. $5 doesn't last very long at the pokies (what they call the jackpot places).

We shopped around abit and bought a mattress protector, my supply of Coca Cola, and donuts from Donut King. I hadn't eaten donuts for a while so I bought the Aussie Pack which included 6 cinnamon and 6 chocolate donuts. Yum!

On the drive home, I was so sleepy I slept abit in the car and again when I went back to my in-laws place. For dinner, they had bought KFC on the way home from Benalla. Yummy!

We left my in-laws place at about 8pm and it was a cold....brrrr.....night! It was good to go home and dream of my bed again...... =P

No comments: