Friday, May 19, 2006

Bernasconi's

Phill suggested 2 days ago that we eat out at a restaurant and I was a little taken aback cos he's very thrifty and unless it's for a special occasion, we don't eat out that often, maybe 3-4 a year, unless we go out to Melbourne then we have to eat out.

So, I asked him what the occasion was.
"Nothing, I thought it'll be nice to go out," he said.

We usually have fish and chips or chicken and chips takeaway on Friday nights although we try and limit it to once fortnightly but sometimes, it's difficult after a week's worth of work, we don't really want to do anything else.

Bernasconi is a local restaurant that serves good steak although I'm told another restaurant, Magnolia, is the best restaurant for steaks but it's pricier. I had porterhouse steak and Phill had rack of lamb but it was so small that the waitress said she'll give him a discount cos usually, it isn't that small. The steak was really huge so I gave Phill quite abit and he preferred my steak over his lamb. I always choose steak when we go out. I love them....yum! And we shared a tiramisu...yum, yum, but I thought quite pricey ($11) for a small piece.

It was a great night but over all too soon....

No comments: