Monday, October 03, 2005

Reeling from Bali

This morning, one of the topics we talked about in the office was about Bali. It began when Steve said he got a call from our chief editor wanting him to do a story on the Bali bombings. But Steve said he didn't know anything about it cos he was playing playstation the entire weekend and didn't tune in to the news. I smiled and replied that it wasn't a bad way to spend the weekend seeing how addicted guys can be about such games and how it helps to destress.

Then Lyn said she had called one of her close girlfriends whose son is in Bali now. Her girlfriend said the son called and said he was okay yesterday and as soon as the friend said that, she broke down over the phone cos of what could have happened.

I was so shocked when I came out of the shower yesterday and Phill said Bali was bombed AGAIN. I asked him if he was kidding and he said not.

When I went to church that morning, I felt compelled to pray for the people, for their livelihood and that they will not give up hope.

No comments: