Friday, October 07, 2005

Learning about moving out...

Ever since I received the confirmation from the real estate agency that our application to rent the 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house not far from my workplace (and previously occupied by Steve) was approved, Phill and I have been thinking about the things we'll need for the place.

One was the purchase of furniture - washing machine, microwave oven, fridge, etc - and what we do not need at present and probably could obtain over time - a dryer, dining table and chairs, etc.

Also, the amount of little things we need such as plugs for the sink, towels, mop, pail, cleaning cloths...

I've also been very touched by the many gestures of help from friends at my workplace.

Phill and I are going to 2 garage sales tomorrow at Mansfield and I was asking Lyn yesterday how she moved the stuff she bought from a garage sale previously and if it fitted in her car and she said it did. But she also said if we needed her help to move stuff, we could call her on her mobile because she has a trailer. And today, she said she'll lend us a lounge suite that has been sitting in her shed because she has just bought a new one. How sweet! I was so touched!

And my other colleague, Di, offered to help me purchase a mattress through her because she owns an accommodation place and can obtain better prices from shops.

Right now, we have a guy at our workplace working on creating a window for our office and he overheard our conversation about me needing to purchase a fridge and washing machine. He suggested that if I found a better price, I should just go to the shop in Mansfield and tell them about it and see if they'll counter offer. He said he got a good deal doing that in Mansfield and even received a further $100 off the price! What a great tip!

I'm going to tell Phill!

All these ways of negotiating and stuff - so much more we need to learn.

No comments: