Thursday, October 27, 2005

On Sick Leave

I was really sick today with a sore throat, headache, and bad flu and took a day off work. I spent last night not sleeping but blowing my nose. I think I used up nearly an entire box of tissues. =P

On Tuesday, I took 0.5 day off work. It was then I realised, on Tuesday, that in Australia, the sick leave system works differently. I can take days off for sick leave without having to produce a medical certificate as long as its not more than 2 days and if its not taken on Monday or Friday. I didn't know about it prior to taking sick leave on Tues, until my colleagues told me and seeing how sick I was, told me to go home. How nice! I prefer this system, cos sometimes all I need is a good rest and not spend more money seeing the doctor for something he/ she can't really help me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the system too. So envious

mum