Friday, October 28, 2005

Moving house!!!! =O)

Phill and I moved into our new house at Parwanoff Street today. I brought quite alot of things over in the morning when I drove to my workplace. And then throughout the day, I was running in and out the office doing my interviews, covering events, and arranging the delivery of our fridge, washing machine, toaster, rice cooker and microwave oven. I was also sorting out the time when I could collect the key from the real estate agent cos she did the house inspection yesterday and was not happy with it so she arranged for a major clean-up. So, it was abit of a chaotic morning for me.

And finally, evening came and after Phill's karate class (he did karate for most of his teenage years but the classes stopped and I think classes have now resumed), he moved the rest of the stuff he brought over and we settled in abit. The house feels strange, like we've moved into someone else's house. It's abit bare too. But my colleague, Lyn and her husband, Stephen, are lending us their old lounge suite so there will be somewhere to sit on tomorrow. For now, we are just lying on our stomachs on small square cushions we got from my in-laws and watching tv.

No comments: