Friday, September 22, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

Phill and I watched "The Devil Wears Prada" at Hoyts cinema located at Melbourne Central this afternoon. Tickets cost us $15 each and is probably our first visit to a cinema in Australia for a long, long time. We usually hang on until we're in Singapore at the end of the year cos for A$15, we can watch 2 movies in Singapore. We miss going to the movies.

It was my choice, rather than Phill's, to watch this movie but I wanted to watch it very much cos of the fashion involved and I love watching all the different fashion combinations the actors were wearing in the movie. I enjoyed Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci's portrayal the most. Too bad I don't see Stanley Tucci enough in the movie. But seeing Andy's struggle through her job reminded me a little of the tremendous stress I was under when I was involved in ministerial trips...shudder! But at least Andy rose above it and grew to possess lots of initiative - loved her smart move with Miranda's request of Harry Potter novels for her twins.

I give this movie a 6.5 cos there were times I wasn't as absorbed watching it as I hope to. But when the fashions came and spotting the famous models (Gisele Bunchen, one of them), it was fun!

After the movie, Phill asked me a serious question -
Phill: "would you buy those clothes if you had the money?"
Me: "Yes, why not?"
Phill: "REALLY?!"
Me: "Yes, it's nice."
(I forgot to add that I first have got to have the figure for them, although I don't have the height)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear girl fashion is tailored for the girl and not vice versa.

Love mum

Tora said...

haha...thanks for the comfort, but I've put on quite abit of weight and am trying to get it off so I can put it all back on when I indulge in Singapore food at the end of the year! =O)