Sunday, November 06, 2005

What a weekend!

Steve is on leave for 7 days and so from this weekend, its just me on my own. I tried calling a part-time journalist to see if she could help me cover some weekend events but she couldn't and our photographer has a wedding to photograph too. So, I'm basically on my own.

Yesterday, I went to Barjarg (about 10 mins drive away), a jewellery store opening and took pics of a cricket match at the cricket ground, Lords Reserve, just behind where I'm living.

Today, I feel as if my cold and cough is returning and I feel lousy but there's heaps to do. I have a children's concert to cover and I drag my feet there. However, once I saw the cute kids, I didn't feel as sick anymore and I perked up. They're so cute!!! Some had really tight curls and others wore sunglasses! So cute! And I saw 2 chinese kids which I believe were adopted by 2 separate Aussie families. So sweet!

There was a lil gal, prob about 3-4 years old, who was dancing away as soon as the concert started. She was such a natural star that I asked her parents if I could take her pic. She froze when she saw me and didn't dance anymore but after a while, she was alright and went back to dancing.

I stayed only for first half of the show, spent the interval taking more pics of kids and then went home to have a rest and type out the rest of my articles.

This weekend doesn't feel like one. I feel like I've worked all 7 days. *breathless*

No comments: