Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Another accident

It pains me to write this post but I had another accident this evening when I was driving to an unfamiliar place to cover an emergency exercise. I nearly became an emergency case myself.

I knew I had to turn left to a country road but didn't know where, so in a 100km/h road, I slowed down to 80km/h, looking for the left turn the whole time. And then I saw what looked like the correct road to turn to, braked and turn my steering wheel but cos I didn't slow down fast enough, my car did make the turn but then swerve to the right of that road. As I was in the car, I felt like the world was spinning around me and after my car scrapped the fence and stopped, it went into a ditch and was covered with mud and manure. Yucks! And the cows on the other side of the fence was moo-ing their heads off. Anyway, I imagined the worse, that my car was smashed in on the right side when I came out of the car. Fortunately, it was not.

I was shocked, beyond belief that I had another accident??!!! What's wrong with me???

Cos the emergency exercise was taking place soon, I drove my car another 500m, parked it and then walked to the field about 200m away. After I finished covering the event, I quickly went home and tried to wash the mud and manure off my car. I was so heartbroken and devastated. It wasn't that clean but better than before.

Phill is away at a school camp tonight and he'll be back tomorrow. I dread to tell him the news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he will say something like "oooooohhhhhhhhhh", or maybe he will say " I do not expect it to be the last", the other time you scrapped the car. Or maybe nicer things than I can imagine.

Tora said...

hahaha.......I think he said "you gotta be kidding".... =P Then later, he said "that proves you're a bad driver....hahaha!" I suppose I am right now but not always.

But really, he has been kind and nice abt it altho it's a strain on our finances since we didn't budget for this.