Friday, September 02, 2005

A wild goose chase

I had to drive about 15 mins out of my office to go to a resident's house to take a pic of her golden wattle tree. With her instructions, I made my way there but lost my way and tried calling her several times from my mobile phone but couldn't get through to her.

I called my colleagues at work andafter getting myself on the correct road, I stopped by what seemed like the right house but it was so quiet and 2 small dogs were staring at me. I tried calling the resident again to no avail.

Finally, she picked up about 30 mins after my 1st attempt earlier and halfway through putting me on the right road, my mobile was cut off. I had no more value in my prepaid SIM card. Deciding to try and find her house, I drove through pretty rough road, too rough for my nice little car and finally came to a path which had water running through it. It was then I decided to turn back and when I arrived back at the office, I still couldn't reach her.

I give up.

No comments: