Friday, September 09, 2005

One of the most difficult interviews are...

...with people who have just lost a loved one.

I had to interview the wife of a man who passed away on September 2. He had suffered from motor neurone disease for 18 years and died at the age of 51.

After talking to her and learning more about the deceased, I could not help but feel abit teary myself.

One lesson I took away with me from that interview was to spend time talking with my hubby. She said that because of the disease that inflicted her husband, he spent alot of time sitting and they were able to just sit and chat 3-4 hours each day for the past 18 years. So she was thankful for that and she added that we don't always have to be right.

I am keeping that advice and learning to be more sensitive to phill and to look at him through "new eyes".

No comments: