Saturday, September 10, 2005

Cute Lab Pups!

We woke up unusually early this morning, no idea why since its a Saturday but I guess its all the early mornings we have in the week that when it comes to the weekend, your body nudges you awake, naturally.

At about 9.30am after having breakfast and helping phill stick some stickers on his kids homework so he could write comments and grade them for their work, we decided to go to the Violet Town market. Its a market most country towns have once a month and there are handicraft stalls, candy, ice-cream, 2nd-hand wares, socks, clothes, eggs, honey, sausage stands, and quite alot of stuff to see, eat and buy.

To me, the best is the Violet Town market, which is about 50 minutes drive away.

And today, it got better when we saw 3 cute chocolate labrador pups. Apparently, chocolate lab pups are not as common as black and beige ones. They also had unusually blue eyes when most labradors have brown eyes. They were on sale, for $450 each, which is very expensive in Australia. Phill said owners of labradors are usually very picky about where their pups go because they want to make sure the dogs go to a good home. And cos this couple was selling their pups, it is most probably more for the money than anything else cos I was telling him maybe we could buy one pup and I could bargain with them....heehee! And I was thinking of paying them $1 just to pat the pups for a while but phill laughed and gave me the "I think you're silly" look.

I wish we could have 1 or maybe 2, or really, 3, just so they weren't all be so lonely but right now, we don't have the cash or the time to take care of them and it won't be fair.

But I sure can't stop thinking of them.

No comments: