Saturday, September 24, 2005

Melbourne Show!!!

We woke up fairly later than what we intended and for breakfast, Nick made us Mee Siam from the Prima Deli sauce packs created by a Singapore company. Boy, the taste was so similar that I think I'll go on a crazy buying spree the next time I go back home. I've read about these packs before but was not interested to buy cos usually these sauce packs taste nothing like the real thing. But this Prima Deli packs were very, very close to the real thing. Yum! Yum!

By the time we left Nick's place and arrived at the Melbourne Show, it was past 1pm. We walked around the entire place and it was packed full of people! Considering it was the 2nd last day of the Show, I thot there might be fewer people but too bad, it wasn't so.

After walking around trying to find some attractive showbags I could buy, nothing came up so we decided to sink our teeth into some yummy jam doughnuts that Nick recommended we try at the show.













That is greedy me with my hot chocolate in one hand and one of the 6 doughnuts we had in the other - yummy! Initially, I told Phill to buy just one to see if its any good and he said "no, we'll order half a dozen" and true enough it was yummy, extremely sensational! And we finished the 6 doughnuts - no probs at all! ;O)

We continued walking and definitely didn't appreciate the attitude of some people around, especially some parents with their strollers. They seem to have the attitude that cos they're parents with babies, they have the right of way, so they'll rush ahead of you, or hit your ankles with the prams or stop in the middle of road to look at the showbags, causing a human traffic jam without thinking about moving to the side of the path. It was highly irritating and it reminded me of how some people in Singapore walk. That's why I hate crowds.

Phill and I then decided to take a ride on the ferris wheel. Whooppeee! It was fun. It went really fast for some time then stop at different levels cos they were letting more people on. At one point, we were the highest car on the wheel and it was a little scary and windy....brrrrr! But it was fun!















Pics of Phill and I taken during our ferris wheel ride. It was fun and I was glad I could share it with him too! (the jacket I'm wearing in the pics is actually Phill's jacket which he gallantly offered to me to wear even though it was quite cold that afternoon. Thank God for a wonderful husband!)

Bird's Eye View - Other pics of the showgrounds taken when I was in the ferris wheel. Otherwise, if I've tried to take pics on the ground, it'll only be just bodies and faces of strangers, very difficult to get a pic with a perspective of the place.














We finally lef the show at 4.30pm and went back to Nick's place. We were just in time to watch the last 2 mins of the grand final match between Sydney Swans and West Coast Eagles. And....Sydney won!!! Darn, we should have taken a pic with Paul Roos yesterday, the 2005 premiership coach!!!! =P

We also spent abit of time with Yoogie and Wa-wa. Interestingly enough, Phill kept calling Yoogie, Ooshi-don (sounds like another japanese dish). And I kept laughing, hitting him and correcting him. But I admit I'm a little scared of Yoogie, the beagle, cos he's big and fairly playful so he likes to jump on people. And cos I'm so short, his jumping up scares me. Wa-wa, the cocker spaniel, on the other hand, is gentle and very manja so I love to pet her and sayang her. She's very cute and very pregnant, due to give birth soon but she doesn't look as lethargic as most pregnant dogs I've seen.

When Nick came back home from an afternoon's work at his uni during their open day, we made our way to Squire's Loft to have a yummy steak dinner. It was one of the most beautiful steak dinners Phill and I ever had. Tantalising, yummy, unbelievably tender yet cooked! Definitely steaks worth salivating over. We enjoyed that meal and the Boost juices Nick treated us to later on. I had an all berry drink and Phill had banana rush or something like that. Yummy!

Shortly after arriving home, Phill and I went to bed, exhaused from a really fulfilling day!

No comments: