Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Searching for a place at night is no joke!

I had to cover a public meeting held at Bonnie Doon last night, about 15mins drive away. After my exercise class which I joined several weeks ago, I had a quick dinner of chicken souvlaki (yum!) and I proceeded to drive there.

But since I've never been to the town before or the recreation reserve where the meeting was held, I was quite nervous. I was given directions but not sure how to recognise what a cutting was (apparently a stretch of road carved into a hill). So, I turned into wrong sections of road and had to swerve sharply into one when I thot it was the right turning.

Turned out it was wrong.

Anyway, it was hellish but after asking for directions from 2 people, I finally managed to work out where it was but was 10 mins late. And I started off early leaving Mansfield at 7pm. Arrrgghh!

I hope over time, I would be more familiar with these areas and it'll not be quite so scary for me.

No comments: