Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Melbourne Show! Yipppeeee!

The Royal Melbourne Show begins on thursday and Phill and I are going next friday! We're heading to Melbourne and staying over at my cousin, Nick's place. We'll get to see his dogs which would be great. I miss having a dog and hope we'll get one soon.

I've been to the show twice - once was when I was at uni in Churchill and the other time was 2 years ago. The 2nd trip I had to persuade Phill to go cos he was not very keen. But we went and had a ball of a time!!!

We bought a game ticket and won a huge toy animal which drew stares from everyone cos they thot we won it the hard way. Actually, we just bought a card full of numbers and one of our numbers came up on a big board the stall had, so we could choose any toy we wanted. That was the only game in the entire show we played and we won! We were quite happy for the rest of the day.

That day, we also chanced upon a stall that sold alot of wigs, dress-up stuff and an afro wig caught phill's eye. He was hesitant about buying it but after walking away from that stall and then coming back to it again, I told him to buy it. He did and has gotten alot out of it, wearing it for concerts, disco parties at his school, and for a laugh. I believe he's on the hunt for other stuff he could buy to wear at his next school concert. His kids love the afro wig! =O)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vic, Pls post a picture of Phil in the wig, can? Please, please......
-ah yi

Tora said...

hahahaha.......i'll ask him. I think he has some pics of him in that wig for his performances but maybe I'll get him to pose for me and post it....=O)