Sunday, September 18, 2005

Planting Strawberries...yummy!

I came back from church and found my husband busily preparing the bed to plant strawberries. I still am amazed at his interest in plants and in gardening cos that's a side I never knew existed before our marriage. I like this side of him and happy to help him out but still draw the line at putting my hands in the soil cos I'm afraid of the worms.....eek!

I believe its the thought of tasting our very own sweet strawberries that has made him eager to plant strawberries. And I'm happy and can't wait for them! Talk about a gardener's joy!

Pic below was taken before we put on the chicken wire fence around it to stop the multitude of rabbits we have on the land.













And above, my husband gamely posed for me while he was getting the fence around the plot of land where we'd planted our strawberries.

No comments: