Saturday, June 09, 2007

An Unplanned Drive

My parents-in-law, Phill and I went to Violet Town bushmarket this morning and while we were driving back to Benalla for me to pick up some stuff, we were talking about this nice, scenic town, Yarrawonga, and Phill said, "let's go there". And so, we did.


We had fun! It was about almost an hour's drive there but considering it was the long weekend (Queen's Birthday on Monday), the traffic at Yarrawonga wasn't bad. We had lunch at the RSL (Returned Services League) Club there and I had a mushroom and chicken penne, which was YUM! What I was impressed with was a big airforce plane placed in front of the RSL Club. It drew customers there like bees to honey. I suppose having the pokies (jackpot machinese) helped too. We did a short drive around and then we were homeward bound.


6 comments:

tiramisho said...

Oh wow! This plane really looks great and yea, it just adds "flavour" to a particular place. Unfortunately, Singapore doesn't have the space to do such things..

Tora said...

Maybe can only park it on the roof of buildings but considering how tall most buildings are in Singapore, nobody can really see it well.

thefoosfamily said...

not where i work! i get to walk under planes everyday. get to see planes landing (taking off at another place).wahahahaha......

Tora said...

Wah piang, Frank, dun rub it in for the rest of us who dun get to see planes arrive and depart leh....sniff! =P

tiramisho said...

Vic.. ney-mind, I 'suan' him back. Uncle Frank, the best is to go on planes & travel places, not just see and walk under them!! Hahah!! ;p

thefoosfamily said...

er, I got 2 free tickets this year to go anywhere SIA flies....
not just that, i can also stop over countries as long as there are connecting SQ flights. Like I can go to Narita(Japan), LA(US), then Taiwan back to spore....
wonder where should I go...
hm....