Friday, July 20, 2007

Work

My supervisor came back this week after being on leave for slightly more than a week. Admittedly, the past few weeks haven't been bad at all and our working relationship has been warm and cordial. She even gave me approval to travel down to Melbourne on Monday morning so I could attend class when I thought her usual reply would be for me to take leave to do so. And she even thanked me for letting her know. That was really nice!

And one of my colleagues made a comment that he noticed I'm happier when certain people aren't around. I didn't want to say too much so I simply said I'm happier when I have work to do and not twiddling my thumbs. And I've learnt quite abit the past few weeks, alot from the consultant who sits next to me. He really took me under his wing and made sure I was engaged in some form of work and learning, which I appreciate.

But today is his final day for a while cos he's going on a driving holiday with his wife and some of their friends for the next 2 months. They're travelling from the eastern end of Australia to the western end, all in 2 months (!!!), so that'll be one big driving trip. I'll really miss him and look forward to his return soon.

No comments: