Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dinner @ Willowlake

My parents in law took me to dinner at Willowlake, a beautiful restaurant, at Macs Cove, some 15 minutes drive from Mansfield. It was a rather cold night and we chose the table that was one of the closest to the wood fire. Yet everytime the main door was open, a gust of cold air would blow in and it was enough for me to have the shivers. And I had thick padding, both artificial (clothes) and natural (my fats).

For dinner, my parents in law and Phill had pork belly (which was YUM! YUM! YUM!) and I had duck which was DELICIOUS too! It was really difficult to pick which was the better dish. Phill and I were last at the restaurant last year when we had dinner with colleagues from my previous company. I realised how long we've left it to have dinner at the restaurant. I hope our next visit won't be in 6-7 months time.

Anyway, my parents in law gave me a birthday card and money for my pressie. But my mum-in-law said something interesting when I opened the card and saw the money. She said it was for me to buy a dressing gown when I go to the hospital to have a baby. Talk about implicit pressure...okay, now I'm abit hot under the collar being watched for a bulgeoning belly that isn't because of a baby but because of my lack of exercise and love of food!

No comments: