Monday, July 09, 2007

Transformers...More than Meets the EYE!


We were in abit of a dilemma today as we debated between watching the movie Transformers or visiting the Great Wall of China exhibition at the Melbourne Museum. In the end, because we had a 11.30am lunch reservation at the dim sum restaurant Shark's Fin Restaurant, we decided we'll see if we can make it to a 12.30pm screening. But as we tucked into our yummy lunch, we were trying to enjoy the lunch but eat it fairly quick and to our fill so we could make it to our movie. We ate all our favourite dishes, paid up, left the restaurant and got to the cinema at 12.30pm. Phill wasn't confident of our chances of getting tickets (there was a long queue on a Monday afternoon!!!) and getting in before the movie starts. But we did!

And it was a great, non-stop action movie! I loved it and it did bring back some childhood memories of Transformers and my brother's toys. I loved the fact the toys were like 2-in-1. They were trucks and cars but also robots. You were paying for one toy but in fact, getting 2! I think my brother was very precious about his Transformers toys and he used to forewarn me about not touching his Transformers toys - that's even though he was 2 years younger than I am. I'm not sure if I did test his patience on that one though I won't be surprised if I did cos I did love playing with them, perhaps one of the few macho toys I enjoyed. I definitely preferred my Barbie toys and accessories over most other toys.

But back to the movie, it was fantastic! My favourite part in the movie was when the Autobots transformed from trucks and cars into robots! It was so realistic that I could see where the part of the truck were on the robot (when they transformed into their true selves) and how funny was it when they were trying to be quiet in the garden of Sam Witwicky. It was funny and action-packed. Love, love it! I can't wait to watch it again!

No comments: