Thursday, July 12, 2007

Art and Birthday

I don't feel any different today being my birthday although admittedly, not as down and sad as I was the previous year about leaving my 20s behind.

And i remembered not that long ago (at the PIA conference in Perth) I was asked by 2 Asian delegates if I was 25, so that put me in a good mood! Cos if anyone can tell an Asian person's age, it should be another Asian - I'm making a general assumption here. Most non-Asians generally speaking think I'm a good few years younger than I am so that always makes me happy too.

Anyway, I met Phill for lunch at Benalla Art Gallery and I had a warm chicken salad (which was yum) and he had lamb shank although he didn't really like it when it arrived because it had alot of tomatoes in it. I enjoyed our lunch and our conversation and we took time out to walk around the gallery to view the exhibitions, which fulfilled one gaping hole I've had since leaving Singapore (where I saw more art events and performances working for NAC).

It was a beautiful day and work wasn't too stressful either.

No comments: