Friday, November 24, 2006

Praise The Lord!

I received wonderful news today from a job interview I attended on Tuesday!!! The manager who interviewed me told me that they have given me the job!!!! Arrghhhh! I am deliriously happy! Can it be? I couldn't believe it! This is one of the rare times I am so happy I wanna jump so high I can hit my head on the roof! (Alas, I'm not tall enough but I tried...)

This is the second interview I've attended with the same department and manager. The first interview was for an admin position and I almost made it but was finally beaten by another candidate. I was pretty devastated then cos I really wanted that job and had thought that it was the best one for me. But this job that I've been offered has so many more learning opportunities and prospects. I am so happy! Thank God!

The interview was actually for 2 positions on higher grades than I'm eligible for. But I don't have the relevant qualifications. So the manager did say they can consider employing me on a grade 3 (cos that's my equivalent grade) and train me up to qualify in that profession!!! But if there were 2 strong candidates for the levels they were looking for, he'll call me straightaway to say I'm not successful. But I am! He said after I left the interview room, the other 2 panelists were talking excitedly about me. Considering I don't have the relevant qualifications (but am waiting to hear if I've been accepted for my studies), I am really thankful they took the leap of faith and are employing me!!

I'll be working in the same town where Phill works, some 45 minutes drive from where we live/ rent now.

I haven't received their letter of offer yet. The manager told me to tender my resignation when I received the letter of offer so I'll be waiting... =O)

YEAH!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the experience when you are reminded that God gave the best to His children. You are much loved. Amen

mum

Anonymous said...

Good things come to those who wait.
God plans good things for those he loves. Then again sometimes he puts bad experiences in-between to either remind you, or mould you. :D

Anonymous said...

Well said Gary. To me bad experiences may not be all bad because you emerge to be a better person and wiser too.

mum