Monday, November 20, 2006

Mandy Patinkin

Mandy Patinkin


I enjoy watching "Criminal Minds" and am so happy it's now twice a week. Phill didn't watch it with me previously cos there was another show he preferred watching over this. So, we ended up taping Criminal Minds and I didn't have time to watch it all. But in the last few weeks, he actually sat down and watched it with me and enjoyed it. So, no more taping, we watch it now. And for me, I am really happy when Criminal Minds is screening - how tv-crazy am I?!

Mandy Patinkin plays the leading role of Gideon who leads his team of FBI behavioural analysts. The main reason I was first drawn to the show was cos of Mandy but I had no idea where I had seen him from. Then recently, I heard the show "Chicago Hope" and something clicked. He acted in that series (which unfortunately for me didn't run for long) and I had a good feeling about that show. The doctors and nurses were passionate about their patients and I remember feeling all positive and hopeful about the medical profession after every episode.

Criminal Minds is of course darker but I enjoy understanding how they conduct profiling of criminals, serial killers, etc. While they put them into categories, they have to be smart enough to know when a criminal may deviate and fall into another category. I just love it!

No comments: