Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Queen's Baton Relay

















This was a photo my colleague, Sian, took of me when the Queen's Baton (part of Commonwealth Games) came through our town, Mansfield, today for less than an hour. She had a better camera and was running on the footpaths trying to catch the action. I was at the back of the media vehicle. It was fun but look at the pissy little camera I was holding compared to the other two big, powerful and appropriate cameras the other 2 gals by my side were wielding. I felt embarassed. And although I still wasn't feeling well, it was fun sitting there and waving to the crowds and the people I knew who were lining the streets. Perhaps something to tell the grandkids even though I wasn't one of the runners carrying aloft the baton... ;O)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear sista, lemme give u a good saying okie??
it goes like this, "it ain't the size of the equipment that matter, it's how u use it!"
muahahahaha sounds familiar?? LOL
anyway don't fret abt it, such big cameras with big lens is usually used to enhance the image and zoom in many times onto the subject, so u don't need to be near the subject to shoot a close up pic. prob u can take up photography as a hobby too?
but i know it's gonna be costly!!! :(

Tora said...

Hahaha....very funny! =P =P This one different kind of equipment lah. The bigger, the better.... ;O)

I'm very tempted to buy a really good camera, maybe Nikon, and then buy a good lens maybe end of this year in Singapore. My company's camera is the Kodak Easyshare ones. And for the events I have covered so far, sometimes, you need one of those big-a** cameras to get any picture at all....sigh.

And when someone is speaking to an audience, we almost have to stand in front of the speaker to get a picture. Otherwise, whatever pic we take is not high resolution enough for the paper. So embarassing having to stand so close to the speaker to take a pic. I rather stand at the back of a room, auditorium and with my big lens, big a** camera, just "shoot, shoot, shoot".

Anonymous said...

My dear, everything starts small and as you get to know more about photography that is when you need to upgrade, the shade the angle all comes into play when you shoot, that is the basic I know about photography