Sunday, February 12, 2006

The McGuigans

Phill and I met his long-time friend, Anita and her husband, Mark McGuigan earlier today. We had such fun talking even though it was for 1 hour 15 mins. They had come up to Kevington (about 45 mins from Mansfield) from Port Fairy (8 hours drive away) for a wedding yesterday and so when i read that in the papers a week ago, I emailed Anita and arranged to meet up. Their kids are so gorgeous, Matisse, Sasha and Isaac, and very well-behaved. I hope it won't be too long before we meet the next time. We saw them about 6 years ago, at their wedding.
















***
Later in the afternoon, we took my dad-in-law to a cinema at Swanpool (about 30 mins drive from Mansfield, and 10 mins drive where my in laws live). We watched a documentary on Gallipolli and a short film, "My mother India", about the filmmaker's Aussie mum and how she adapted living in India, going through the troubled times of the 1980s and even having to give up her Aussie citizenship which saddened her. It was a really good film.

No comments: