Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Feeling clucky

Lately, I've been feeling cluckier than usual. Usually, it just comes and goes. I'm not sure if its cos my friends seem to either be starting to have kids or having their next kid. Or cos I see quite a few cute babies in my line of work - usually, I have to go to the hospital and take baby photos and some info on the baby and family for the newspaper.

And then I worry about juggling work and having a baby. And how it seems so bad of me to leave my baby at a childcare centre at 1, when my maternity leave is up and I have to return to work.

The way I feel now, I want to work but then again, I have these worries about missing my child's first words, steps, etc.

When I told phill that, he said," don't worry...when we hear our kid say his/ her first words, that'll be their first words. Whatever else they said before are all gibberish." I had to laugh at his reasoning but it sure was comforting. Phill says the notion of hearing your kid's first words is very hallmark/ hollywood. I suppose they could possibly say their first words on their own and no-one to hear it.

But I've got some travel plans for September next year (we hope to go to China with my parents) and before then, don't plan to have babies. But, as I've been told, babies have their own sense of timing.

I investigated private health insurance today and the way it works, you'll have to be a full-paying member for a year first before you can claim on your policy so we've got to decide shortly which policy and sign it up first. The wonderful thing about private health insurance is that it includes IVF treatments, but only for 3 rounds and after that, its not covered. I pray we won't have to go for IVF.

Then again this morning, waking up at 6am, I wondered if I am ready to wake up early to feed/ placate the baby. Selfishly, I don't think so. I'll still like to be able to sleep in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A facelift! Refreshing! Good job!

-ah yi

Tora said...

Hi ah yi, thanks for your encouragement! (I think I may be in a blue (color) mood, not blue as in down. =O)

Unfortunately, I didn't design it. It was from a set of templates and all I had to do was select the one I wanted, click and it was all done automatically. I wish I could design my own though. Maybe one day, with the appropriate software so all i have to do is click on a few other buttons and presto!