Saturday, April 14, 2007

Wonderful Play!

I watched an American written play, "Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks" with Phill and my parents in law this evening. The play was beautifully performed by Australian actors Todd McKenney and Nancye Hayes.

It was a wonderful play that moved me to tears. It briefly chronicled the friendship between an older, lonely woman and a male gay instructor she engaged to teach her dancing (even though she was a fine dancer herself). Even though there were very little of the dances such as Argentinian tango (oooh lala!), cha-cha, salsa, I love the play for what it is and watching how the friendship evolved from disagreements, petty quarrels and sarcastic fights. I just love watching plays!

My mum in law thought it was good but said it was abit close to home as she is close in age to the female character who ends up being really sick.

No comments: