Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Won!

I had entered a competition to win a $1000 travellers cheque that will pay part of the cost of a planning conference in Perth to be held on 30 April-4 May. I sent off my entry and didn't think too much of it when I received a call to say I won!!! Yipppeeeee!

The competition required entrants to say in 50 words or less why we wanted to attend the conference.

My entry referred to how I wanted to gain insights into other regional (Perth) and state (Western Australian) issues and into international perspectives which will help my research role in my job and that "being new to planning, I need all the help I can get".

I didn't think my entry was flash or anything but it was genuine and true. I even thought that perhaps I should have made my entry into a poem so that it's more catchy. But I didn't have to worry cos I won!!!!

Now, to get the okay from my supervisor and manager to attend the conference. I actually spoke to them last week to get their okay but haven't received a decision from them yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
-ah yi