Monday, April 30, 2007

"Amazing Race"

I ventured around Perth on my own this morning, going to Myer, and some smaller malls. I found one small cafe and had my cappuccino and it was yum! My mood lifted and I was happy to be in Perth!

Then it was a quick trip to my hotel to freshen up before the "Amazing Race" event held at 12.30pm at Victoria Gardens in East Perth organised by the Young Planners.

These are some pics of the adventure my team got up to during the event and we ran pretty much the whole way which was tiring.....pant, pant! My stamina is so bad!

Above: my team members were Mike, Nadia and Nivia, all of them from Perth and they were a fun bunch!


We may have been first but we noticed one team cheated when they didn't cover one station when we were pretty much on their tail most of the way then they suddenly disappeared 3 stations before the end.

I thought East Perth was beautiful!!! The houses there were apparently really expensive though, at least $1 million and they were so compactly packed together - not fun!
After East Perth, we had to travel to Subiaco to hand in our task sheets (some of the photos taken were some of the tasks we had to do) and we went to the Subiaco Hotel there for some drinks. I love one of the lights at the pub there (it looked like an art piece in itself) and I thought how nice it'll look hanging in my house but I'll have to have a 3 metre high ceiling to make that light look good. I didn't take any pic because I didn't want the hotel staff to think I was a terrorist but I regret not doing it...

No comments: